[IronPython] No OpenReadCompleted Event for WebClient in Silverlight 2

Michael Foord fuzzyman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 21:18:26 CET 2008

The correct thing to do is [to not follow the example in the
Silverlight docs, but instead] either use:

web = WebClient()
web.DownloadStringCompleted += completed
web.DownloadStringAsync(uri)

*or*

web = WebClient()
web.OpenReadCompleted += completed
web.OpenReadAsync(uri)

Depending on whether you want to fetch a server resource as a string
or as a stream. :-)

Michael
http://www.manning.com/foord