[IronPython] Access to CLR System namespace when python is executed inside C#

Todd Wilder wildert at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 22:18:50 CET 2008

I am struggling to get IP to honor the System module when the IP is executed
inside C#. I am using Silverlight 2.0 Beta 1. I have the following code.

ScriptEnvironment.GetEnvironment().ExecuteSourceUnit(
PythonEngine.CurrentEngine.CreateScriptSourceFromString(@"
import clr
import System", SourceCodeKind.File)); <-- I've also tried
SourceCodeKind.Statements and SourceCodeKind.InteractiveCode

This code throws a "The method or operation is not implemented" exception.
It seems that any reference to System or any of its classes throws the
exception. I was hoping to have my custom assemblies executing in IP through
C# by now, and I can't even get the CLR assemblies to execute. Please Help!

Todd Wilder