[IronPython] JScript Absent from Dynamic Silverlight

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Fri Mar 21 22:02:31 CET 2008

JScript wasn't included in the dynamicsilverlight.net release since that release has sources and binaries. JScript will only be released as binaries, so we didn't include it this time around. However, it provides a really bad story for language interop, since the Silverlight SDK and dynamicsilverlight.net have different versions of the DLR.

We're planning on refreshing the dynamicsilverlight bits next week, and making an effort include JScript in there as well.

> When I use Chiron to build apps that include the extended controls (!?)
> it fails because of the absence of the Microsoft.JScript.Runtime.dll.
> When I add this dll it succeeds but doesn't include the dll!

Creepy! The extended controls definitely shouldn't depend on Microsoft.JScript.Runtime.dll! Can you send me a repro of that? John(s), any idea what the hell is going on here?