[IronPython] JScript Absent from Dynamic Silverlight

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sat Mar 22 01:41:53 CET 2008

Jimmy Schementi wrote:
> [...]

Ok. :-)

>> When I use Chiron to build apps that include the extended controls (!?)
>> it fails because of the absence of the Microsoft.JScript.Runtime.dll.
>> When I add this dll it succeeds but doesn't include the dll!
>>

> Creepy! The extended controls definitely shouldn't depend on Microsoft.JScript.Runtime.dll! Can you send me a repro of that? John(s), any idea what the hell is going on here?

I'm getting some more obscure oddness with Chiron - both under Windows
and on the Mac. I'm not sure if it is reproducible though.

I'm currently still working on my articles and have to tackle this
properly soon (probably tomorrow as it is now nearly 1am here).

I'll leave the results for another post with any repro instructions if
they are consistent. I do wonder if there is some odd kind of caching
going on inside Chiron?? (Some xap files don't get binaries added - some
cause the browser to make additional requests for assemblies and some
just don't work...)

Michael