[IronPython] Sanity Check re. Legacy Python Code

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Mon Mar 24 22:58:53 CET 2008

As I understand it, the goal of IronPython is to support the running of that
kind of application -- provided that it doesn't use any binary
extensions[1].  The NTLK webpage is a bit vague on that count, suggesting
that "some users may require" numpy and matplotlib.  If you're not one of
"those users", you should give it a try!

Of course, there's some chance that NLTK won't work correctly under 2.0b1;
your reports in that regard will help all of us by driving IronPython closer
to CPython compatibility.

1: but see also
http://ironpython-urls.blogspot.com/2008/02/ironclad-01-released.html -- for
which numpy support is an explicit goal