[IronPython] Question about serialization

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Wed Mar 26 16:42:10 CET 2008

My guess is you'd restrict it only to .NET objects which are marked as being serializable.  Then you'd ask the object to serialize it's self and then stuff that into the pickle stream along w/ the extra Python info.  That's probably include a type name which you'd just load and see what you got - much like how cPickle does an import and uses what it gets when it's loading a global.