[IronPython] DLR Hosting Question

Michael Cummings cummings.michael at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 20:01:19 CET 2008

Hi all,
  I'm putting together a seminar at our local Code Camp for hosting the DLR
and integration with applications. The hosting spec pdf is great however I
do have (at least) one question that isn't explained very well in the doc.
How can I restrict what assemblies can be loaded by a ScriptScope? To
explain further: If I use the following code to load a py script file

            ScriptRuntime env = ScriptRuntime.Create();
            ScriptEngine eng = env.GetEngineByFileExtension( "py" );

            ScriptSource source = eng.CreateScriptSourceFromString(
form.Source, SourceCodeKind.File );

            source.Execute();

Where form.Source is a string containing this :

import sys

import clr
clr.AddReference("System.Windows.Forms")
clr.AddReference("System")
clr.AddReference("Microsoft.Xna.Framework")
clr.AddReference("Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics")
clr.AddReference("Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Input")
clr.AddReference("Bnoerj.AI.Steering.Demo.Plugins.Ctf")

from Bnoerj.AI.Steering.Demo.Plugins.Ctf import CtfBase, Globals

class CtfPythonSeeker(CtfBase):

    def __init__(self):
        Reset()

    def Reset(self):
        Globals.Instance.Seeker = self

How can I prevent some references from being referenced, like "
Microsoft.Xna.Framework" but allow "Bnoerj.AI.Steering.Demo.Plugins.Ctf"?

Thanks in advance

Michael