[IronPython] IP 2 Hosting

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Sat Mar 29 19:21:10 CET 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Michael Foord
<fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:

> Cool - I was just being rude.

Hey, I feel your pain!  I'd swear that I've rewritten more hosting
code than I've written...

> Any ideas on switching on TrueDivision for the scope?

This is what I was able to puzzle out.  I have no idea how "correct" it is.
    ScriptSource source = engine.CreateScriptSourceFromString("import
foo", SourceCodeKind.Statements);
    ScriptScope scriptScope = runtime.ExecuteSourceUnit(source);
    Scope scope = scriptScope.GetVariable<Scope>("foo");
    PythonModule extension =
(PythonModule)scope.GetExtension(scope.Language.ContextId);
    extension.TrueDivision = true;

It looks like you can set this globally by doing something like this:
((IronPython.PythonEngineOptions)engine.Options).DivisionOptions =
IronPython.PythonDivisionOptions.New;

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt at hagenlocher.org