[IronPython] Creating Python classes in IP2

Paul Turbett sls at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 30 11:59:49 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm attempting to update an application framework that uses IP1.1 to use
IP2b1. In the framework, I create python objects that are derived from
C# classes, so I can bind to an interface at compile time. I do this
from C# by executing the .py file that defines the class, getting the
class as a UserType from the module globals, and using Ops.Call to
create an instance.

I've looked through the DLR hosting spec, and experimented a bit, but I
can't see how to get the same thing working with DLR hosting. So, how do
I create instances of python classes from C#?

Thanks, Paul