[IronPython] Semi-blocking bug in IP 2B1

Michael Foord michael.foord at resolversystems.com
Mon Mar 31 17:10:09 CEST 2008

Hello all,

There is a bug in dictionaries in IronPython 2 beta 1. I found this
trying to port Resolver One to IP 2. Whilst I can work round it in this
case I wonder how many times this bug will bite us in our code base:

 >>> d = dict()
 >>> d[0, 0] = 3
 >>> del d[0, 0]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File , line unknown, in Initialize##345
TypeError: __delitem__() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

In general, error reporting/tracebacks seem to be much worse in
IronPython 2. If I have time I will try and produce a repro...

Michael

--
Michael Foord
Senior Software Engineer, Resolver Systems Ltd.
michael.foord at resolversystems.com
+44 (0) 20 7253 6372

We're hiring! http://www.resolversystems.com/jobs/
17a Clerkenwell Road, London EC1M 5RD, UK
VAT No.: GB 893 5643 79 Registered in England and Wales as company number 5467329.
Registered address: 843 Finchley Road, London NW11 8NA, UK