[IronPython] Unexpected error in 2.0B2

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Sat May 3 02:59:43 CEST 2008

The following code works for me under B1, but throws an exception under B2:

import clr
import System
name = System.Reflection.AssemblyName()
name.Name = 'Test'
assemblyBuilder = System.AppDomain.CurrentDomain.DefineDynamicAssembly(name,
System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilderAccess.Run)

The stack trace is, of course, entirely inside the CLR.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "mscorlib", line unknown, in DefineDynamicAssembly
  File "mscorlib", line unknown, in InternalDefineDynamicAssembly
  File "mscorlib", line unknown, in nCreateDynamicAssembly
  File "mscorlib", line unknown, in CheckGrantSetHelper
SystemError: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Unfortunately, nCreateDynamicAssembly is an InternalCall, so I can't see
exactly what it's doing.  The only object reference in CheckGrantSetHelper
is to a PermissionSet, presumably one of the three that are passed to
nCreateDynamicAssembly.  Based on the methods higher in the stack, I expect
that all three PermissionSets passed to nCreateDynamicAssembly are null, but
this would have been true under B1 as well.

Have there been security-related changes made that could cause this problem?

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt at hagenlocher.org