[IronPython] SCons on IronPython 2.0B2

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Sat May 3 08:20:16 CEST 2008

Hi all,
SCons now 'works' on IronPython 2.0b2. I can compile a very simple C++
project, but there are a few caveats:
 * no registry module, so no tool detection. The SConscript needs to
import the environment to find any tools.
 * Need a dummy signal module (attached)
 * Need a subprocess module
(http://www.ironpython.info/index.php/The_subprocess_module)
 * There are a few small oddities, so the attached patch to SCons is
required. Relevant IronPython bugs have been filed, of course :)

I have opened SCons issue #2043 to track all of this. I hope I've
included all of the details. The signal and subprocess modules need to
be in the IronPython\Lib directory (or somewhere in IRONPYTHONPATH).
Obviously, the Python 2.5 standard library must be available as well.

I don't think the patch should be included in its current condition;
I'm not 100% sure all the changes work with pure Python. It's pretty
simple to block stuff off with sys.platform == 'cli', though.

I'm going to try to push it a little harder now, but this is a good first start.

-Jeff