[IronPython] List<Python Class>

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Sat May 3 09:15:11 CEST 2008

I think ultimately we want to unify pickle and .NET serialization so that this works seamless.  That'd be that ISerializable object's would get a magically _reduce__ or __reduce_ex__ methods (and appropriate __new__ methods I guess).  Also Python classes that implement the protocols for pickling would also be serializable.

I've opened a task to track this (http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=16415) but I agree with your assessment - currently remoting of Python objects doesn't look very feasible.  I'd encourage you and anyone else to vote on this if you're interested in us providing this natively.