[IronPython] Missing Merlin\Main\Hosts\Silverlight\SilverlightVersion.cs

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Sun May 4 01:45:27 CEST 2008

On 5/3/08 4:28 PM, "Dan Eloff" <dan.eloff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Right now this doesn't bother me much, because I know Silverlight beta
> 2 is probably coming in May, and it will no doubt bundle IPY beta 2 or
> better.

The IronPython version in current Silverlight builds is pretty much the same
as IronPython Beta2, and we're only going to be moving targeted bugs fixes
into SL from now until SL Beta2 ships.

> However, Silverlight RTM won't come out until late summer, and
> Silverlight 3 could be a long time from now. I have no doubt I'll be
> wishing I could use the newer version of IronPython with the released
> version of Silverlight along the line, but I don't see any easy way
> for you folks to deal with this.

We're going to have to make this happen one way or another. After SL2 ships,
we'll most likely keep stuff working on SL2. The synchronization with
Silverlight is simply so we can keep stuff working while the platform
underneath us moves. Once it stabilizes we can then rev on top of it.

~js