[IronPython] How to nest ScriptScopes

Marty Nelson Marty.Nelson at symyx.com
Fri May 9 18:51:59 CEST 2008

I've gone over the 2.0 B2 source code, but I'm not clear how I might
create nested ScriptScopes using the API in C#

One of the tests in EngineTests.cs uses "from published_context_test
import x" but this is only one variable, and I'd rather do it from the
C# setup side anyway.

I noticed that Scope, which ScriptScope contains, has the ability to
take a parent Scope, but I'm not clear how I would do this.  It seems
not to be exposed via ScriptScope.

We are using IronPython as a script based extension mechanism for our C#
application, my interest is to have a set of established scopes that I
can populate with the variables of current application objects at the
appropriate level for the current script.

Thanks,

Marty Nelson

=======
information of Symyx Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliates or
subsidiaries that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted,
privileged and/or protected work product, and is meant solely for
the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, and
have received this message in error, please contact the sender
immediately, permanently delete the original and any copies of this
email and any attachments thereto.