[IronPython] Statefulness of CompiledCode

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue May 27 18:06:04 CEST 2008

To avoid leaking memory in 1.x when repeatedly compiling modules you can enable the GenerateModulesAsSnippets option.  To do that programmatically you can just do IronPython.Compiler.Options.GenerateModulesAsSnippets = true;  It will then cause all modules to get compiled as dynamic methods but it will come with a (significant in v1.x, much less significant in 2.0) throughput cost.  You might also find that the compilation is still too expensive but at least memory won't be leaked anymore.