[IronPython] urlprefix in Chiron and Silverlight Manifest Files

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Wed May 28 21:16:55 CEST 2008

http://flickr.com/photos/jschementi/2531937722/
That's Firefox and Chiron working on Vista, straight from the bits on http://codeplex.com/sdlsdk.

Firefox on Windows ships with network.dns.disableIPv6 set to "false". Make sure that's the setting you have (type about:config in the address bar). If it's set to "true", Chiron won't get the request. (Actually, if you start ANOTHER Chiron, that one will get the request =P).

This bug will be fixed sometime today/tomorrow in sdlsdk; I'll let you guys know when that happens.

To understand the bug a little more, Chiron currently tries to listen on IPv6 first, and if that fails it then tries to listen on IPv4. While that's a fine solution for Vista/XP/Mac, as well as browsers that are tied to their operating system's network settings (IE, Safari), it's a problem for browsers that support both in some configurable manner (Firefox). The new behavior is to listen on both IPv6 and IPv4 when it can, but not fail if IPv6 fails. This will work on both IPv6/v4 operating systems (so Vista/XP/Mac will both work), as well as v4/v6 configurable browsers (Firefox), no matter what their settings.

Along other Chiron news, I'm also planning on removing the "only works on localhost" constraint. I don't think it'll be difficult, but I just need to find hacking time. =) I find it useful because I'd like to do development on one machine and browser to it with another machine, especially if I'm testing different browsers. Would others find it useful as well?

~Jimmy

On 5/28/08 11:49 AM, "Dan Eloff" <dan.eloff at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not really a problem for me. Have you got a patched Chiron that allows me to
> use Firefox on the Mac - now that I would want...

Can you use firefox at all with Chiron? I never got firefox to work
with Chiron on Vista.

-Dan