[IronPython] Oddity with Setting Output Stream

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Sat Nov 1 23:17:32 CET 2008

I pinged Tomas on this and he thinks this is by design and I'm tending to agree (even though it is just a side effect of us using a StreamWriter).  You can always pass a Stream and a TextWriter instead to get full control over this behavior.

Good test though and I'll follow up w/ Bill to make sure this behavior gets spec'd.