[IronPython] Oddity with Setting Output Stream

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Sun Nov 2 20:18:24 CET 2008

Ultimately it's because we don't have Unicode and byte strings - we get little incompatibilities like this popping up every now and then due to that.

I'm guessing this particular one could come back to behavior in the str.decode w/ raw_unicode_escape or unicode_escape.  I say that because the parsing there is shared with the parsing the tokenizer uses and it has a hack to remove the BOM.  But there are a few other paths there as well...

Unfortunately Unicode fixes are always a little risky and could break something else - and worse yet some are simply unresolvable.  But I suspect this one is fixable.