[IronPython] _WindowsError and errno

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Thu Nov 6 01:50:36 CET 2008

It's because when I initially looked at WindowsError it sure seemed like 22 was the error code that was always used :).  If you do:

for i in xrange(100):
    print WindowsError(i, i).errno

on CPython You'll see a large amount of the errno's are set to 22 (including 0 and 1) - apparently I didn't test enough combinations initially :(  I think we have another bug on this somewhere too and we just need to spend the time to get the mapping right.