[IronPython] compiled "builtin" modules (os, sys, etc)

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Thu Nov 13 17:18:15 CET 2008

"threading" is also a .py-based library file.  To get these you either need
to get IronPython via the MSI file (for 2.0RC1) or you need to download
CPython and use its libraries.  Information on the latter is in the
IronPython tutorial that's in the "tutorial" directory of the distribution.

If you're not sure whether or not a module is builtin or an external file,
you can check its "__file__" attribute:

>>> threading.__file__
'c:\\Python25\\lib\\threading.py'
>>> import clr
>>> clr.__file__
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__file__'