[IronPython] Feature Request: Zipimport builtin module

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Nov 16 16:59:08 CET 2008

Jeff Hardy wrote:
> I believe there also needs to be a complete implementation of zlib as
> well, but that might just be for easy_install (which is still pretty
> important). The zlib from FePy is missing decompressobj, which is
> nasty to get working with a DeflateStream.

Yep. I have a 'mostly complete' implementation of zipimport in pure
Python (would need some work as the caching is not compatible with
setuptools but should be easy to fix). This depends on zipfile, which as
you say uses zlib.decompressobj.

It should be possible to replace the use of zipfile with direct use of
the .NET APIs. Both zlib and zipimport should really be available for
IronPython though... :-)

Michael