[IronPython] AgDLR: Silverlight + DLR + Open Source

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Wed Nov 19 06:22:08 CET 2008

(Thought I sent this to both IronRuby and IronPython mailing lists, but I mistyped the IPy one ... so here it is).

All,

First and foremost, I want to thank anyone who has used the bits on http://codeplex.com/sdlsdk, and accepting my bullshit version of open-source. While getting monthly binaries/sources is nice, it should be about working on the project together ... not just me throwing stuff over the wall to you. That's changing, now ...

Oh, and remember me complaining about the crappy "sdlsdk" name ... well, I'm trying to get rid of that acronym ...

http://github.com/jschementi/agdlr

Above the public repository for the DLR integration in Silverlight. The following post explains what's in there, what's not, what's git, and how to contribute: http://blog.jimmy.schementi.com/2008/11/agdlr-silverlight-dlr-open-source.html

My first order of collaboration is this simple new feature, "console=true": http://blog.jimmy.schementi.com/2008/11/repls-in-silverlight.html. If you like this, please feel free to look at what's been done, and if you want to fix something that doesn't yet work correctly, I won't stop you.

Also, as I mentioned in a previous mail, I want to make the filesystem->XAP/isolatedstorage metaphor stronger, so feel free to experiment with that as well. Over the next week I'll get some website-presence/wiki/etc, and we can run this project up and running. There are still some hurdles I need to clear with getting contributed code back into our internal codebase, and shipping on Codeplex, but there are no problems with keeping things on GitHub for now.

Let me know if there are any question. I know I've been a bit silent on the Silverlight front, but take this as me making it up to you. ;)

~Jimmy