[IronPython] A few shameless plugs

Rob Oakes rob.s.oakes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 05:16:12 CET 2008

Dear Group,

I wanted to take a minute and bring a really cool series of articles to the
groups attention.  Over on DevHawk, Harry Pierson has been been writing
about IronPython and WPF.  He is currently up to article 4 in the series and
I have found them to be really helpful.  It also happens that I tend to be
fighting with a project in both WPF and IronPython, so I am devouring
anything I can find on the subject.  For those interested, the Url is:

http://devhawk.net/default.aspx

Which leads me to the second (and far more shameless) plug.  Some members of
my lab are also trying to learn IronPython and have asked me to write up
some of my experiences.  I recently posted a little tutorial on
multithreading and the BackgroundWorker class.  I thought I would pass the
Url along as there may be some here who find it interesting.

http://robertsoakes.brinkster.net/blog/?p=75

If you take drop by, please leave a comment to let me know what you think.
If you see something that can be improved, also please leave a comment.  I
am REALLY new to IronPython and I would greatly appreciate any feedback that
you might have.

Best,

Rob Oakes

database 3623 (20081118) __________