[IronPython] (ironclad) is it possible to get the current ScriptEngine?

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Thu Nov 20 17:22:35 CET 2008

It's not really possible to get back to the ScriptEngine - but you also probably don't need to.  You probably want to get back to the LanguageContext(PythonContext)/ScriptDomainManager and work with those directly.  ScriptEngine/ScriptRuntime are wrappers around those which expose the friendly API and provide the easy remoting features.

You can get to the LanguageContext via a CodeContext.  You can get a CodeContext by just defining it as the 1st parameter on a .NET method which we'll be calling at some point.

For example our ModuleLoader class for pre-compiled code has a load_module method which receives a CodeContext.  It then uses it to call back into the current PythonContext and create a new module.