[IronPython] Keyword Arguments For C# Functions

Dave Moor D.Moor at sim-soft.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 09:38:25 CET 2008

Hi Everyone

I am developing a C# application using VS2005 and IronPython v1.1.0
(currently). I am trying to add a function to a C# class that will be
callable from IronPython which will take a keyword argument list mimicking:

def fred(self, name, **kwargs):

I found this link
http://blogs.msdn.com/srivatsn/archive/2008/09/09/passing-keyword-args-to-c-methods-from-ironpython.aspx
but I don't have Microsoft.Scripting available.

However IronPython allows kwargs on contructors of standard clr classes like
System.Windows.Forms.TextBox etc., can I use the same magic as that?

I looked in the source of v1.1.2, do I need to do 'something' with
IronPython.Runtime.Calls.KwArgBinder and if so what?  Is there a sample
somewhere I've missed?  Or is it covered in IronPython in Action, if so I
guess I'd better stick my hand in my pocket :)

Thanks in advance

Dave

--
Registered Office
Mill House, Hawksworth Road, Horsforth, Leeds, LS18 4JP  England.