[IronPython] Startup scripts

Richard Bowen toolsack at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 22:22:39 CET 2008

Hi

I have a simple question that I'm hoping has an answer I'm looking for. I'd
like to have a startup script to seamlessly run before running a
specified script.

Eg I can have a script/module that defines foo() and call on startup

IRONPYTHONSTARTUP=start.py

then when I run ipy I can call foo() straight on the command line.

However when running a command or script I have to re-import the module:

ipy.exe  -c "import start; from start import *;foo()"

what I'd like to be able to do is:

ipy.exe -c "foo()"

is that possible? (I have a .bat file that makes it work, but I'd like
to avoid if possible)

thanks
Richard