[IronPython] Can IronPython be used to create COM DLLs?

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Tue Oct 7 18:38:08 CEST 2008

The short answer to this is "no".
I suspect it might be possible to implement predefined COM interfaces from
IronPython and to use COM-.NET interop to make this code visible to COM
consumers.  But to actually create a DLL that can be loaded by the COM
loader would require a greater level of control over the bits being produced
for the DLL than we currently offer in the precompilation feature.

This may be something that the pywin32 extensions to CPython will support.