[IronPython] What is stable?

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Oct 24 17:57:16 CEST 2008

Harelick, Matthew wrote:
> Hi:
> I have tried using the various IDE’s associated with Iron Python and I
> always run into issues, like “Hello world” won’t work.
Can you be specific? That's a problem I've not heard before.

> If I use just the interpreter, as a python interpreter with .NET
> extensions, which one is the most stable?

1.1.2 is the 'official' stable release, but IronPython 2 is now at
release candidate (final release aimed for November) and so should be
more than stable enough to use.

For people coming new to IronPython I would recommend going straight to
IronPython 2.

Michael Foord