[IronPython] Specified language provider type is not registered.

KE hellosticky at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 07:19:09 CEST 2008

Hi, I've compiled IronPython from the latest source code, and added some
strong name keys to run in a partial trust AppDomain, but I can't quite get
the ScriptEngine created:

System.ArgumentException: Unknown language name: 'py'
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptRuntime.GetEngine(String
languageName)
   at mycode

The code creating this is:

ScriptRuntimeSetup setup = new ScriptRuntimeSetup();
ScriptRuntime runtime = new ScriptRuntime(setup);
setup.LanguageSetups.Add(Python.CreateLanguageSetup(null));
runtime.LoadAssembly(assembly);
runtime.IO.SetOutput(ms, writer);
ScriptEngine engine = runtime.GetEngine("py");
ScriptScope scope = engine.CreateScope();

I would prefer to do this programmatically, without any external .config
files, if possible.
Thanks!