[IronPython] Regression with importing in pre b5

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Sep 10 01:53:13 CEST 2008

Do you have more info on this one?  I've setup a package structure like:

test\
        __init__.py:
                print 'test.__init__'
                import interface
        interface.py:
                print 'test.interface'
                import templates
        templates\
                __init__.py:
                        print 'test.templates.__init__'
                        from templates.galaxy_map import GalaxyMap              # passes if I remove templates.
                galaxy_map.py:
                        print 'test.templates.galaxy_map'
                        class GalaxyMap: pass

this fails on both CPython & IronPython because of "from templates.galaxy_map import GalaxyMap" but it doesn't do the import twice behavior you were seeing.  It also passes if I change from templates.galaxy_map ... to just from galaxy_map ...  so I'm guessing I haven't setup the repro 100% accurately.  Can you point me at what I'm doing wrong?  Maybe there's another package somewhere that collides with one of these names or something else strange?