[IronPython] Couple of questions on silverlight on json and calling js from python and back

Vineet Jain (gmail) vinjvinj at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 01:56:04 CEST 2008

1. From looking at the flikr Ruby example, it seems that silver light ships
with the JSON parser built in. I can't seem to find an example of someone
using it from IronPython. Can someone please help me with how I would modify
the short script below to handle json data back from the server.

    def completed(s, e):

            Document.ajaxupdate.innerHTML = e.Result

            Document.ajaxupdate.innerHTML = 'Error'

    uri = Uri('')

    web = WebClient()

    web.DownloadStringCompleted += completed

2. Just want to confirm that we still must use the scriptable from C# to
call ironpython function from js in silverlight beta 2 as outlined in the
following thread: