[IronPython] recommended methods for 'installing' assemblies

sevenseeker jtgalyon at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 17:54:28 CEST 2008

I am completely new to IronPython and .NET so please bare with me.

I want to add some libraries/assemblies to the python path so that I
can just call clr.addReference('spam') from anywhere.

What is the recommended method for achieving this?  Should I extend
the PYTHONPATH?  Can/should I create a setup.py and install them from
there?  Is there a distutils and/or setuptools for IronPython?

Thanks,
Jason