[IronPython] What happened to source drops?

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Sep 29 23:29:39 CEST 2008

Dino Viehland wrote:
> They're checked in so they'll be in the next source push.  There are some perf problems that I have fixes for though that aren't checked in (e.g. import decimal in pre-compiled currently allocates ~550MB of memory) - but you should be able to do functional testing :).  I'll should have the pre-comp perf fixes in this week.

Cool - thanks. 550mb for one module - wow. Good job we aren't intending
to precompile the Python standard library modules we're using. Having
said that we have quite a chunk of Python source we would like to
compile - I wonder if a 4gb address space will be enough. I think we
will be reluctant to move to 64bit oses only... ;-)

Michael