[IronPython] Modifying The PYC Stub EXE

Bruce Bromberek bruce.bromberek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 22:18:58 CEST 2009

Davy-

I had a similar problem in that the EXE stub built by pyc does not work as
expected.  My problem was the sys.argv being set to None.  As someone who
comes to ironpython from Cpython, I want the ironpython equivalent of py2exe
where everything just works :)

The best advice I've found here is to build your own C#  stub exe (thanks
Michael!)

For my own purposes, I'm going with a two step process.  PYC to create the
DLL of my script and imported modules.  And C# stub that hosts ironpython,
loads all the assemblies, and calls my Main().

Now looking at your sample code, I wonder if part of the problem is that you
do not have references to the assemblies that the Ironpython console loads
by default.  Of course I could be wrong on everything.

Bruce