[IronPython] Is it possible to set a maximum loop size for scripts?

theoobe omgomgomg at f2s.com
Sat Apr 18 13:05:44 CEST 2009

I have a C# application with IronPython scripting.  I wonder, is it possible
to prevent users from creating infinite loops in their scripts?

So for example, if a script is executed which contains a loop, and loop is
infinate, would it be possible for my C# application to detect this, perhaps
by having a maximum loop cycle count?  Thus preventing my application from
hanging...

I've tried googling around on this subject but I've had no joy.  Maybe what
I'm asking for isn't possible?

Thanks alot!