[IronPython] Please, help to get started with .Net and IronPython.

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 00:06:17 CEST 2009

On the other hand, implementing a COM component in CPython using the pywin32
toolkit is fairly easy. Unless you have some other reason for choosing
IronPython rather than CPython you may want to consider that. An example is
published on page 68 of the book "Python Programming on Win32" by Mark
Hammond.
<<In fairness, I should disclose here that I may have a vested interest in a
possible future 2nd edition of said book, so feel free to discount my
opinion.>>

I have not investigated the possibility of re-compiling any of the C code
portions of pywin32 as C# .NET components. My own little project (see
adodbapi.sourceforge.net) is pure python, and works almost as well* in
IronPython as under pywin32. However, it is a consumer, rather than a
server, of COM.
--
Vernon Cole
(*) there was still one bug, last time I checked, which prevented IronPython