[IronPython] 2.0.2 Bugs

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Apr 30 22:50:53 CEST 2009

Dino Viehland wrote:

> Michael just brought this up on another thread but I thought I’d make
> it obvious.
>
> Let us know what bugs you particularly want to see fixed in 2.0.2.
> Nominate them here and we’ll collect the list and try to fix as many
> as possible.

Below are the ones I'm aware of that have affected Resolver One or that
I feel are important. :-)

Issue 21715 __file__ incorrect for Pyc compiled modules (!!!! important)
Issue 19656 module name lookup broken
Issue 22235 docstrings
Issue 22239 modules aren't isolated
Issue 21574 import thread safety
Issue 21947 None + ''
Issue 21929 os.listdir('') (A particularly annoying one) - also issue
20603 which is probably the same issue
Issue 21659 Unicode subclasses with non string input in constructor.
(Marked as fixed but probably not in 2.0!)
Issue 21445 IronPython 2.0.1 hang
Issue 21422 Traceback truncation + issue 20051
Issue 20275 str subclasses not treated as strings
Issue 20236 unhelpful help for type
Issue 19724 convert callable to delegate

There are two other issues that might be suitable that I can't find the
numbers for:

Passing '\' to InteractiveConsole.runsource
Repr of SyntaxError messages unchanged when a newline is added (breaks
the code module).

It would be really good to fix the various Pyc bugs - like sys.argv not
being passed through correctly.

Michael

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog