[IronPython] -X:EnableProfiler and DLR hosting API (2.6b2)

Mads Weitling mads.weitling at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 09:54:04 CEST 2009

Hi all and many thanks to Dino Viehland for answering my previous
question re: sys.builtin_module_names and embedding.

I am trying to use the IronPython profiler (
http://blogs.msdn.com/curth/archive/2009/03/29/an-ironpython-profiler.aspx)
from an embedded interpreter but cannot figure out how to pass the
-X:EnableProfiler to my ScriptEngine instance.

    _engine = Python.CreateEngine();
    Debug.WriteLine(_engine.Runtime.Setup.HostArguments.IsReadOnly);
    // prints True

    _engine.Runtime.Setup.HostArguments.Add("-X:EnableProfiler")
    // throws an System.NotSupportedException

How do I set up the Runtime.Setup.HostArguments before calling
Python.CreateEngine()?

/Mads