[IronPython] Users Digest, Vol 61, Issue 16

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 11 20:29:19 CEST 2009

In my most recent blogpost about IronRuby and Moonlight (http://blog.jimmy.schementi.com/2009/07/ironruby-at-oscon-2009-mono-moonlight.html) I say this:

Note: the latest Moonlight stable release will not work for IronRuby, you must install the latest Moonlight build from their build bot:http://sublimeintervention.com:8123/GetFile.aspx?id=11487919

There were some bugs in Moonlight that they had to work out to get Ruby working. I believe Python worked as well, but these were "Silverlight Debug" builds from the IronRuby github source (which includes IronPython) without the "SILVERLIGHT_3" flag; you're right that building against SL3 broke the SL2/Moonlight2 compatibility because we now depend on System.Windows.Deployment.ExtensionPart. I think it makes sence to figure out a way to have the same binaries work in Silverlight 3 and Moonlight 2 without rebuilding, so I'll make sure to get that in to IronPython 2.6.

~js