[IronPython] FolderBrowserDialog does not show folders

David Escobar davidescobar at ieee.org
Wed Aug 19 20:02:51 CEST 2009

I've noticed an issue with the FolderBrowserDialog window from IronPython.
When I display it with the ShowDialog method in a compiled script (through
pyc.py), it does not show the TreeView of folders. It will display the
Description title and the buttons, however. If I run the script straight
through the interpreter, it will display the folders just fine. For
reference, I also tried the OpenFileDialog and SaveFileDialog, and those
show up correctly in both methods. Is this a bug, or am I doing something
wrong?

Sample code below:

*import clr
clr.AddReference("System.Windows.Forms")
from System import *
from System.Windows.Forms import *

dlg = FolderBrowserDialog( )
dlg.Description = "Testing..."