[IronPython] Using ruby module from python.

Pavel Suhotyuk pavel.suhotjuk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 14:26:46 CET 2009

I try your example. It's really work, but have some problem with ruby
objects:
1) Can't call RubyObject methods.
 >>> import clr
 >>> wsdl = clr.Use('wsdl.rb', 'rb')
 >>> factory = wsdl.get_factory()
 >>> client =
factory('http://localhost/PaymentsBroker/Manager/ProviderService.asmx?WSDL').create_rpc_drive()
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: 'RubyObject' object has no attribute 'create_rpc_drive'
 >>> client =
getattr(factory('http://localhost/PaymentsBroker/Manager/ProviderService.asmx?WSDL'),
'create_rpc_driver')()

2) Calling methods without parameters possible.
 >>> client.GetProviders(None)
<IronRuby.Builtins.RubyObject object at 0x000000000000002F
[#<SOAP::Mapping::Object:0x0006dd2>]>

But I don't understand how call methods with parameters. In ruby I can
call like this:
 >>> print client.GetBalance(:providerId => 3).getBalanceResult().balance
60663.89=> nil
In python it's not work:
 >>> client.GetBalance(3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
SystemError: SOAP::Mapping::MappingError
 >>> client.GetBalance(provider=3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: RubyMethod is not callable
 >>> getattr(client, 'GetBalance')(3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
SystemError: SOAP::Mapping::MappingError
 >>> getattr(client, 'GetBalance')(provider=3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: RubyMethod is not callable
 >>> getattr(client, 'GetBalance')({'providerId':3})