[IronPython] Embedding IronPython in Silverlight

Dody Gunawinata empirebuilder at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 10:41:28 CET 2009

What are the necessarily libraries for embedding IronPython in Silverlight
for the 2.6 releases?

My scenario is simply running snippets of Python codes inside oceans of C#
based Silverlight code. This Silverlight application has already an embedded
IronPython based on older binaries in 2.0 version.

I tried yesterday to upgrade this to 2.6 RC 3 and failed. I tried using the
technique on Jimmy's recent blog post,
http://blog.jimmy.schementi.com/2009/11/embedding-ironpython-in-silverlight.html,
I couldn't find the bloody Silverlight.DynamicEngine.CreateRuntime() method
anywhere even after linking to Microsoft.Scripting.Silverlight.dll

I linked to the following assemblies located under Silverlight\bin under
IronPython 2.6 RC 3 zip.
- IronPython.dll
- IronPython.MOdules.dll
- Microsoft.Dynamic.dll