[IronPython] IronPython 2.6 final: Debugging not working?

Joshua Kramer josh at globalherald.net
Sat Dec 12 22:31:10 CET 2009

Hello,

First - thanks for all the hard work going into 2.6!

But something appears to have broken between 2.6rc3 and 2.6 final.  In
Eclipse, using either CPython 2.6.4 or IronPython 2.6rc3, I can debug a
simple program.  Basically, with a series of 'print' statements I can set
a breakpoint on one in the middle and the program will stop on the
breakpoint.

With 2.6 final, the program does not stop on the breakpoints.  I have
tried setting the Debug perspective manually, and removing the option
'-X:noframes'.  At first I simply updated 2.6rc3 to 2.6, but after seeing
this I completely un-installed 2.6 and re-installed 2.6.

Any ideas which bit flipped between 2.6rc3 and 2.6 final?

Thanks,
-JK