[IronPython] from __future__ import ...

Lukas Cenovsky cenovsky at bakalari.cz
Mon Dec 14 11:18:36 CET 2009

Hi,
I've found that the from __future__ import ... works in .py file run by
ipy.exe but not when I create an engine in C#.

test.py:

from __future__ import division
print 'done'

test.cs:

using Microsoft.Scripting;
using Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting;
using IronPython.Hosting;

namespace TestDuture
{
    public class Test
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            ScriptEngine engine = Python.CreateEngine();
            ScriptRuntime runtime = engine.Runtime;
            ScriptScope scope = runtime.CreateScope();
            ScriptSource source =
engine.CreateScriptSourceFromFile("test.py");
            source.Execute(scope);
        }
    }
}

build command:

csc /r:Microsoft.Dynamic.dll /r:Microsoft.Scripting.core.dll
/r:Microsoft.Scripting.dll /r:IronPython.dll /r:IronPython.Modules.dll
test.cs

Running test.exe throws exception:

C:\Users\dev\Documents\FutureTest>test.exe

Unhandled Exception: IronPython.Runtime.Exceptions.ImportException: No
module named __future__
   at
Microsoft.Scripting.Actions.Calls.MethodCandidate.Caller.Call(Object[]
args, Boolean& shouldOptimize)
   at
IronPython.Runtime.Types.BuiltinFunction.BuiltinFunctionCaller`5.Call4(CallSite
site, CodeContext context, TFuncType func, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3
arg3)
   at
System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute6[T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,T5,TRet](CallSite
site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4, T5 arg5)
   at IronPython.Runtime.Importer.Import(CodeContext context, String
fullName, PythonTuple from, Int32 level)
   at
IronPython.Runtime.Operations.PythonOps.ImportWithNames(CodeContext
context, String fullName, String[] names, Int32 level)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Utils.InvokeHelper`5.Invoke(Object arg0,
Object arg1, Object arg2, Object arg3)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Utils.ReflectedCaller.Invoke(Object[] args)
   at
Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.CallInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame
frame)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run2[T0,T1,TRet](T0
arg0, T1 arg1)
   at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.RunWorker(CodeContext ctx)
   at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.Run(Scope scope)
   at IronPython.Compiler.RuntimeScriptCode.InvokeTarget(Scope scope)
   at IronPython.Compiler.RuntimeScriptCode.Run(Scope scope)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.SourceUnit.Execute(Scope scope, ErrorSink
errorSink)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptSource.Execute(ScriptScope scope)
   at TestDuture.Test.Main(String[] args)

Am I missing something? It works ok when I add __future__.py from Python
2.6.

--
-- Lukáš