[IronPython] Disappointed

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Thu Dec 17 18:51:17 CET 2009

I've opened bugs for both of these issues:

http://ironpython.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=25708
http://ironpython.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=25709

These are both just oversights.  The tests for ctypes and winreg
both aren't exhaustive so the more real world use cases and tests
we can get to throw at these the better they'll get over time.

As for a non-trivial working program it certainly is possible. But
Python and its libraries are large and sometimes it requires some
iteration to either fix bugs in IronPython or make changes to the
program for things like Unicode-only strings.  We do try to be
extremely responsive on fixing bugs that block real world programs
from working unmodified.