[IronPython] Ironclad v2.6.0rc1 released

William Reade fwereade at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 23 23:30:58 CET 2009

Hi all

I'm very happy to announce the latest release (candidate) of Ironclad,
the 120-proof home-brewed CPython compatibility layer, now available
for IronPython 2.6!

No longer need .NET pythonistas toil thanklessly without the benefits
of bz2, csv, numpy and scipy: with a simple 'import ironclad', (most
parts of) the above packages -- and many more -- will transparently
Just Work.

Get the package from:
    http://code.google.com/p/ironclad/

...and get support from:
    http://groups.google.com/group/c-extensions-for-ironpython

...or just ask me directly.

I'm very keen to hear your experiences, both positive and negative; I
haven't been able to test it on as many machines as I have in the
past, so your feedback is especially important this time round*.

Cheers
William

* I'd be especially grateful if someone with a newish multicore
machine would run the numpy and scipy test scripts (included in the
source distrbution) a few times to check for consistent results and
absence of weird crashes; if someone volunteers, I'll help however I
can.