[IronPython] Silverlight DataBinding Not Working

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Wed Dec 30 17:10:02 CET 2009

Silverlight doesn't support ICustomTypeDescriptor, which is how IronPython
objects interact with data binding on the desktop. For a workaround, see
http://devhawk.net/2009/04/24/clrtype+Metaclasses+Demo+Silverlight+Databinding.aspx

I believe Silverlight 4 supports IDynamicMetaObjectProvider for data
binding, so the need for emitting your own CLR type goes away with that
release.