[IronPython] new to Iron and question.

Rodney Howeedy Rodney.Howeedy at Sun.COM
Mon Feb 2 21:58:36 CET 2009

FWIW...
I had a client-side COM .dll automation file (used by IE browser) that
connects to a WCOM server running under JBoss on Linux connecting via
JDBC to Oracle on Solaris.

Once we found iPy, we forged ahead with a single Windows host as the
intermediary between our other Unix clients.  No .dll COM automation
required on the clients as they all communicate via http to the single
IronPython host running the http server.
The iPy tutorial explains how to convert your .dll COM file using the
.NET SDK and import it for use in IronPython.

We researched your question about COM on Linux and only found defunct
projects for COM emulation on Unix.

But iPy give you the COM automation in your iPy scripts along with all
the Python goodness (e.g. http server, queue server, etc).