[IronPython] py to ip

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 4 18:51:56 CET 2009

I don't know much about remote COM (is that the same as DCOM?). IronPython supports invocation on OLEAUT objects. It has only minimal support for creating such objects (via. clr.AddReferenceToTypeLib), and otherwise relies on the user to create the object using the CLR (Type.GetTypeFromProgID) or other means. You can check if any of the Activator.CreateInstance overloads (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.activator.createinstance.aspx) support remote COM.

Furthermore, I doubt if Mono supports even local COM interop. If you can't do it from C# on Mono, you won't be able to do it from IronPython on Mono either. I think you will need to find COM adapters that allow you to access COM from Linux and use those...